From office holiday parties to New Year’s Eve celebrations, Design Essentials wants your hair to shine bright this holiday season with these 4 easy holiday hairstyles:
Holiday Hairstyle #1: Sleek Low Ponytail
Make a statement at your next holiday event with a sleek low ponytail (and fierce lip). Relaxed or natural, this hairstyle is a holiday classic that exudes confidence and elegance. Get the look below with our easy DIY steps.
- Step 1: Smooth edges and hair at the nape with Design Essentials Sleek Edge Control. For thicker textured hair use your favorite go-to holding gel.
- Step 2: Brush hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic hair band.
- Step 3: Take a small section of hair from the ponytail (about 1″ thick) and wrap the hair around the elastic band for a more polished look. Tuck ends into elastic band.
- Step 4: Straight Hair Finish: Lightly spray style with Formations Finishing Spritz for a soft hold followed by Reflections Liquid Shine for sheen. Natural Hair Finish: To define curls at the ponytail, spray Almond & Avocado Curl Control & Shine onto hair. Allow curls to form and air dry or use a diffuser to set curls. Then lightly spray entire style for shine and hold.
Holiday Hairstyle #2: Half-Up, Half-Down
With the popularity of social media, half-up, half-down hairstyles are a must-try this holiday. This on trend look can be achieved on any hair type with or without hair extensions. But when using extensions, we highly recommend visiting a professional hairstylist. For our DIY ladies, here’s a beginner friendly step-by-step tutorial by YouTube hair guru @ForeverCryssy.
Holiday Hairstyle #3: Braided Updo
Get ready to turn heads through the new year with a versatile braided updo. Choose to let your braids hang free in a stunning ponytail or opt to pin them up in a flawless bun. DE Pro Tip: If you really want to step up your holiday glam, add a few gold hair accessories or assorted color hair string to your braided updo to make your mane standout from the holiday crowd.
Holiday Hairstyle #4: Bold Curls
Our holiday hairstyle list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning a mane full of bold curls. Curls are always in style, but during the holiday party season the bigger the better! Ask your hairstylist to achieve the perfect holiday curls using our Design Essentials Natural Almond & Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse or Design Essentials Natural Almond & Avocado Twist & Set Setting Lotion. Or get the look at home with this easy styling guide below.
- Step 1: Apply Almond & Avocado Daily Moisturizing Lotion to clean damp hair for added moisture.
- Step 2: Apply Almond & Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse generously to hair and roll hair with flexi rods or perm rods.
- Step 3: Sit under a heated dryer until completely dry. Then remove rods by gently unwinding the hair in the same direction that it was rolled.
- Step 4: Apply a dime size amount of Coconut & Monoi Deep Moisture Oil Treatment to your fingertips prior to separating curls for shine and frizz control. Then use a pick at the roots to blend curls and remove visible partings.
- Step 5: Fluff and finger style to make your curls big and bold. Lightly mist with Coconut & Monoi Intense Shine Oil Mist.
Show off your holiday hairstyles by tagging us on Instagram. Tag @designessentials and use the hashtag #holidayhair so team DE can see your holiday slay!
Not really a do-it-yourselfer but still want your hair to look bomb this holiday season…No worries, click here to find a licensed stylists in your area!http://blog.designessentials.com/uncategorized/4-hairstyles-try-holiday-season/