Did you know you can create your own all natural hair treatments purely from items in your fridge? That’s right, there are many do-it-yourself home remedies for common hair problems, made straight from everyday foods. If you’re in a pinch for time and are all out of your favorite hair care products, don’t break a sweat girl! Here are 3 quick and easy DIY solutions.
1. Avocado Hair Mask for Dryness
An avocado hair mask is the perfect homemade solution for dryness. The oils and fatty acids in avocados are extremely moisturizing, and leave your hair feeling smooth and silky. This mask takes some time to sink in though, so we recommend that you do this when you have about 30 extra minutes in your routine. Here are the steps –
- Peel and mash up an avocado, or two if you have a lot of hair.
- Apply the avocado all over your dry hair.
- Wrap your hair in a hot towel and allow the mixture to sit in for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, shampoo and condition your hair to remove all the avocado residue.
2. Egg and Honey Hair Mask for Split Ends
Another one of our favorite DIY home remedies is the egg and honey hair mask. The application of eggs to your hair is a great way to eliminate split ends and dullness, because of the protein and fatty acids they contain. Here is our recommendation for the recipe and application of this helpful hair mask –
- Crack an egg into a bowl and add a tablespoon of honey.
- Stir up these two with a whisk.
- Apply to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash the mask off in the shower.
3. Coconut Oil for Dandruff and an Itchy Scalp
Coconut oil is an effective, natural way to treat dandruff and itchy scalp problems. Many people have found this option successful because the chemical structure of coconut oil allows it to deeply penetrate your hair. An added bonus to the relief it provides the scalp is the delicious smell of coconut oil! Here’s how to use this simple DIY on your hair –
- Massage 3-5 tablespoons of coconut oil into your scalp, depending on how much hair you have.
- Let the oil sink in for about an hour or so.
- Shampoo and condition as you would normally.
So there you have it. These 3 easy home remedies are a quick fix to the pesky hair problems of dryness, split ends, and dandruff. Do you have any DIY recipes for hair treatments to add? Let us know in the comments section below.http://blog.designessentials.com/articles/3-easy-diy-home-remedies-common-hair-problems/